Breaking: President Buhari Dissolves A P C National Working Committee, Approves Edo Primaries
President Muhammadu Buhari has today dissolved the National Working Committee (NWC) of the All Progressive Party (APC).
This decision was taken during the virtual NEC meeting withheld around 12 noon today Thursday 25th of June 2020. The action is a step to resolving the crisis rocking the party which has led to several factions within the party.
Other decisions taken during the NEC meeting include:
- Setting up of a Caretaker committee (extraordinary) to see to the affairs of the party and also to organize the Party's National convention.
- Appointment of Yobe State Governor, Mai Mala Buni to head the Caretaker/Convention Committee.
- Ratification of the Edo State Primary which saw Ize Iyamu emerging as the APC Candidate.
The general secretary of the party, who had earlier rejected the NEC meeting terming it illegal, was not present at the meeting.
It would appear this NEC meeting would go a long way in resolving the present crises rocking the party. Many have wondered why the President had been aloof in the matters, but now he seems to have taken charge.
List of APC Caretaker Committee and extraordinary convention planning committee
1. Gov Mai Mala Buni (Yobe) Chairman
2. Isiaka Oyebola SW
3. Ken Nnamani SE
4. Stella Okotete- Women Rep
5. Governor Sani Bello NC
6. Dr. James Lalu physically challenged
7. Sen. Abubakar Yusuf- Senatè Rep
8. Hon. Akinyemi Olaide - Reps
9. David Leon - SS
10. Abba Ari -NW
11. Prof. Tahir Mamman - NE
12. Ismail Ahmed - Youth
13. Sen. Akpan Udoedehe- Secretary
Written by Emdee David
You MUST be logged in to post comment(s)
No post comments available!